HUD Logo
USA Flag  
Connect with HUD             
Site Map            A-Z Index         Text   A    A    A

Does HUD Owe You A Refund?

If you had an FHA-insured mortgage, you may be eligible for a refund from HUD/FHA.

If your name is found, call 1-800-697-6967 to get your refund. If your name is not found, but you believe that you are owed a refund, call this same toll free number to ask about your status.

For more information about refunds from HUD/FHA, read our fact sheet.

Search our database to find out if you are due a refund
  • Enter your last name or
  • Enter your FHA case number (first 3 digits, a dash and the next 6 digits, example, 051-456789).
  • Enter the city of the property you had FHA-insured (optional)
  • Select the state of the property you had FHA-insured (optional)

You do not need to pay another person or firm to assist you in collecting your refund or share payment. If you need help with this form, call our support center at (800) 697-6967 or email us at
  • to request a refund application, or
  • check on the status of your refund, or
  • your name does not appear, but you believe that you are owed a refund
Please read FHA Refund Alerts!